Sunday, January 23, 2011

Their Pain, Our Gain


The soul mix of my life.

THEIR PAIN, OUR GAIN
Sam Cooke- Soul
Bobby Womack- Baby! You Oughta Think It Over
Jackie Wilson with the Count Basie Orchestra- Chain Gang
The Valentinos- Looking For A Love
Al Green- I Want To Hold Your Hand
Marvin Gaye with Tammi Terrell- Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
The Simms Twins- Soothe me
Doris Troy- But I Love Him
Brenton Wood- Gimme A Little Sign
Sharon Cash- Fever
Wilson Pickett- Sunny
Sam Cooke- A Change Is Gonna Come
Cymande- Brothers On The Slide
Labi Siffre- I Got The
Curtis Mayfield- Get Down
Stevie Wonder- I Was Made To Love Her
Clarence Carter- I'm Just A Prisoner (Of Your Good Lovin')
Otis Redding- Down In The Valley
Four Tops- 7 Rooms of Gloom
Mary Wells- Bye Bye Baby
Gladys Knight & the Pips- Midnight Train To Georgia
Baby Washington- Leave Me Alone
The Parliaments- Testify
Shirley Ellis- The Nitty Gritty
King Floyd- Groove Me

Their Pain, Our Gain

*Image credit: Malick Sidibe, "Christmas Eve," 1963

No comments:

Post a Comment