Monday, January 24, 2011

Cowpunk


The Range Rats and The Parting Gifts. I've been trying to write about these two songs for a few days. It's been surprisingly difficult, so I'll just stick with the facts.
1. Fred Cole and Greg Cartwright are two of the most hallowed names of garage punk.
2. They both have had many bands, each as good as the next.
3. They both formed two piece side projects with ladies (in Fred's case with his wife and long-time collaborator Toody, in Greg's case with Coco Hames from The Ettes).
4. Both these projects are country-ish, The Range Rats being intentionally country and The Parting Gifts wandering in and out of the genre.
5. They really remind me of each other.
6. I love them both a LOT.

Range Rats' The Two of Us

The Parting Gifts' My Mind's Made Up

*Image credit: taken from this guy's flickr account after google searching Ferdinand.

No comments:

Post a Comment