Monday, January 17, 2011

The Difference Between a Boscoe and a Bruno

What are the joys of Tullycraft? Besides the jangly fun of their music, listening to Tullycraft makes you feel like those years of digging deeply into the back catalogs of obscure indie labels was all worth it to understand one of their many insider indie references. My favorite lyric comes from their song Twee: "She said I may not beat my sister at this stupid game of uno/ but at least I know the difference between a Boscoe and a Bruno." Bruno and Boscoe being two Frank's of random indie bands: Franklin Bruno of the previous post and Frank Boscoe of the Vehicle Flips out of Pittsburgh. When else is this knowledge useful? Never! No one cares about the difference between a Boscoe and Bruno except Tullycraft and a few random music geeks. This is the real joy of Tullycraft.

Tullycraft's Twee

Vehicle Flips' Trouble On The Western Survey

And now you all know the difference between a Boscoe and a Bruno as well.

(Both Tullycraft's Beat Surf Fun and Vehicle Flips' For You I Pine are available from Magic Marker Records.)

1 comment:

  1. Just thought you'd like to know that I was listening to Tullycraft and felt a burning desire to know the difference between a Boscoe and a Bruno, and here I am. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete