Sunday, April 17, 2011

Versions: Baby Blue


Back with another Versions, this time one of about 50 I could do from Bobby D songs. It would be tempting to have done Don't Think Twice, It's Alright and posted the Four Seasons' version, which is in the running for the worst song ever recorded. I actually had a twinge of regret about not choosing It Ain't Me, Babe, as there are two phenomenal covers of it, but I'm sticking with my current favorites. Here are two ridiculously good covers by two 60s garage gods.

It's embarrassing to admit, but I'd never paid much attention to It's All Over Now, Baby Blue before finding these songs in practically the same week. Bob Dylan has so many songs and albums that I'd just never gotten around to listening to Bringing It All Back Home. My mistake. Both these bands make the song their own. Not much else to say. Enjoy.

Them's It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

13th Floor Elevators' Baby Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment